26 June 2009

Celebrity RIPs

Wow, I was just reading an article about Farrah Fawcett's fame. The journalist was really scrapping around trying to find 'highlights' in Fawcett's career. In the end the best she could say was, "Not all of her performances will stand the test of time, but what is worth remembering is how hard Farrah Fawcett tried."

Then my husband came home from work and asked me if I'd heard the big news.

"Farrah Fawcett died?" I guessed, half joking.

"No! Michael Jackson died," He replied.

"Wow!"

What is this feeling you have when someone really famous dies? It's like morbid excitement, and it's completely guilt free. Poor Michael, he was such weirdo, it's impossible to empathize with his life.

Although, Latoya will be sad. That makes me sad.

Anyway, there are a million things that can be said about Michael Jackson. I'm working reception at a law firm tomorrow, and I know what I'm going to be reading about all day...

Where does one begin to sum up his life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kind of feel sorry for Farrah, her death is going to be absolutely overshadowed by MJ's.

Also for some reason I hate that in every article about her they tell everyone she had anal cancer. If I had anal cancer I would say it was somewhere else, especially if I was famous and knew it was going to be reported over and over and over...

Mars said...

is MJ really dead? i'm suspicious.

what did he die of? i didnt even know he was sick of anything. this has got to be a set-up - i think he's definately crazy enough to fake his own death.

also, cant believe you now appear to be my news source dottie! i didnt even know about this...